It seems that everywhere you look there are more and more retailers offering up all kinds of great discounts for Government workers. These discounts are not just for Federal, state, and local Government employees, but also for the men and women of the United States Armed Forces.
The deals and discounts that are offered may be a way for retailers to say thank you to all the Government workers for their dedication and it may just be a ploy to gain more business. Whatever the case may be, Government workers can and should take full advantage. Here are even more Government worker discounts that are available today:
- Group Health Eye Care: Group Health Eye Care offers a 20% discount for those looking for eyeglasses and a one-time 20% discount for contacts and contact reorders. This is for Government employees, military and their dependants, and even covers retirees. Best of all, there is no Group Health membership required in order to take advantage of the offer. Learn more about this program at http://www.gheyecare.org/federal-employees-retirees-military-discount.
- ResumeEdge: Save 5% off professional resume writing service at ResumeEdge.com. Their writers know the federal application process in great detail, and their federal resume service offerings are some of the best in the business. Use a ResumeEdge promo code to get the discount.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile offers a 15% discount to all Government employees. This discount can be used for new or existing customers as long as long as you are willing to commit to their contract requirements and you qualify. Learn more at http://www.tmobile.com or by calling 866-464-8662 if you are a new customer or 877-453-8824 if you are an existing customer.
- Intuit Web Builder: Intuit is offering their award-winning website builder service free for 30 days. Start a blog, start a business, or just have fun with your own website. Learn more at http://www.easywebsitebuilders.net/best/intuit/
- GOV Vacation Rewards: GOV Vacation Rewards is a website that is designed to help all Government employees, including those in the military, find huge discounts on everything that has to do with travel. Form cruises to hotels and everything in between, Government workers get a discount when using their service. Additionally, GOV Vacation Rewards gives members bonus rewards just for using their service. Find out more about their special offers at http://www.govvacationrewards.com.
- Better World Club: Better World Club is an environmentally friendly roadside assistance service. They offer all Government employees a 10% discount on any new membership allowing them to be green and save some green as well. Learn more about this discount at http://www.betterworldclub.com.
- Sprint: Sprint not only offers special pricing for Government workers and military, but they also offer specialized equipment. Sprint currently works with 160 various Government entities and over 150 military bases around the world. See what they can do for you at http://shop2.sprint.com/en/solutions/federal_govt.shtml.
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK?: This company will haul away nearly any household junk you may have. 1-800-GOT-JUNK? also has one of the most extensive environmental policies in the industry, recycling over half of the junk they remove from homes. Save $10 by using a 1-800-GOT-JUNK promo code.
- Marriott Hotels: Marriott is the number one hotel lodging provider to the US Government. They have rate qualification guidelines which complies with the GSA per diem rates and provide increased availability. Check their guidelines to see qualification for their Federal, State, and Local Government rates at http://www.marriott.com/specials/govtmil/default.mi
- Continental Airlines: Continental Airlines offers airfare discounts for Federal and state Government business and for military leisure. To find out the exact discount you may be entitled to and to book your flight reservation go to http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/milgov/default.aspx.
- Best Western: Best Western offers discounts to all Government employees as well as active military. Those taking advantage of their special savings can still get reward points, if enrolled in their Reward Program, to use towards future visits. Learn more about their special rates at http://www.bestwestern.com/programs/govt.asp.
- Choice Hotels: Choice Hotels offers special discounted rates for all Government workers and military personnel. These special rates are good for over 2,700 properties that are all part of the Choice family including Comfort Inn, Clarion, Sleep Inn, Econo Lodge, Quality Inn, Roadway Inn, Comfort Suites, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Ascend, and Suburban. Learn more about these rates and locations at http://www.choicehotels.com/en/deals/government-rate.
- La Quinta Inns and Suites: While not at all La Quinta Inns and Resorts, there are a good number across the United States that will offer special rates to Government employees and military personnel. To find out which locations will honor the special discount, visit http://www.lq.com/lq/index.jsp.
- Government Employees Marketplace: Offering special discounts for all Government workers at some of the biggest names in retail. Specials for places like Zappos, Best Buy, Target, and more can all be had with your membership. Government Employees Marketplace is free to join and exclusive to Government workers. Learn more at https://gem.onebigplanet.com/d/public/login.html.
- Travelers Insurance: Travelers Insurance offers special Government employee and military discounts on multiple lines of insurance through their program known as Capitol Benefits. Learn more about all the various insurance lines that they offer discounts for at http://www.capitolbenefits.com/personalinsurance.asp.
- Thrifty Car Rentals: Thrifty Car Rentals offers all Government employees special rates on all sizes of vehicles. These special rates are not only available here in the United States, but abroad as well. Learn more about their special incentives at http://www.thrifty.com/Programs/Government/FAQ.aspx#2.
- Dollar Car Rentals: Dollar Car Rentals offers discounts to Government employees both when traveling for business and pleasure. Even once you retire from government work, Dollar still gives you the discounted rate. The following classes are included: Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Full Size, Luxury, SUV, and Minivans. Learn more about their discounted rates at http://www.dollar.com/business/government.aspx
There are many other places that will offer special prices and discounts to Government workers and those who are serving in the military. These discounts and specials are only a few of the many, but they represent a sampling of the huge world of savings that awaits Government workers.
© 2016 KSADoctor.com. All rights reserved. This article may not be reproduced without express written consent from KSADoctor.com.
Tags: Current Events