It’s time to move to another city or even state due to a job transfer with the federal government and you need to find quality moving supplies and services without breaking the bank? Just where do you start? A quick look online gives you a wide variety of prices and services with each quote changing drastically with every change you make including dates, times, services needed, as well as products required. Because time is of the essence when your move is tied to a job change, you need to make sure you have all of your ducks in a row to prevent things from falling apart.
Before you start the moving process, shop around with these incredible savings to help you make the most of your moving budget, taking one of the largest stressors of moving out of the equation.
Moving Truck Savings
Believe it or not, the day that you choose to move has an impact on the price of your moving truck. Think supply and demand – the more popular moving days will provide you with higher moving truck prices, while less popular days will give you lower prices because the moving companies want to get their equipment out on the road so they can make money. Starting out by picking a slower day can give you a lower rate to begin with and then you can use coupons that you find online. Here are a few great deals that are going on right now:
- At Budget, you can save 20% off any truck rental. This savings is taken off of the cost of the time and the miles that you drive, on the best available rate for the day you rent the truck.
- At Penske, if you book your moving truck rental online, you automatically save 10% on the rental, plus they provide you with unlimited mileage, which is not something many companies offer.
Self-storage is sometimes a necessity when you are moving, especially if the move is tied to your job and you will need to transfer before you have solidified your housing. Finding self-storage at a decent price is important, especially if you will need to store your items for the long haul. This could happen if you sell your house faster than you are ready to move (before your new job starts and your old one ends) or if you move before you find somewhere permanent to live. Before you choose a self-storage, make sure to do your research as there are numerous options. Think of the features you will need: climate control; access around-the-clock; and dimensions of the unit play a role in where you rent your self-storage unit. As with anything else, you also want to find the best deal, here are a few of the current self-storage specials going on right now:
- Depending on your exact location, CubeSmart is offering up to 15% off of your self-storage unit rental along with either the first month or half of a month for free. Simply enter in your zip code for your storage needs to find out the offers available in your area.
- At Extra Space Storage, they are offering two great deals right now, depending on the area you need storage. Clicking on the link for the town you need storage in will show you either a deal for 50% off of your first 3 months rental or a deal for your first month for just $1.
- At Safe Guard Self Storage, which has locations in five different states, you can get deals by booking your storage unit online, including 99 cents for the first month’s rental.
Moving pods are a great resource when you need storage on the go. The containers actually move with you, allowing you to store your belongings long before you are ready to move as well as after you move, if you require it. There are numerous companies that offer moving pods in a variety of sizes, materials, and capabilities, which of course, will determine the price that you pay, but there are always deals available if you have the time to search for them.
Moving pods can be extremely helpful for federal employees that are moving quickly from job to job and need to get their house on the market or do not have a permanent place to live when they move to their new place, but want their belongings near them. They are also perfect for moving your belongings from your current location to a storage facility in your new area until you are ready to move into your new home. Here are a few of the current deals going on for moving pods:
- PODS is one of the most well-known moving pod companies. Right now they are offering to pay for your pickup and delivery fees if you store your POD in their facility at the location of your new home. This could be a savings of up to $100. Just enter promo code R101 at Pods.com.
Whether you are moving across town or across the country, it takes quite a bit of work. If you do not have the manpower or the time to do it yourself, go ahead and use the services of reputable moving companies. They will help you with everything from packing to moving and unloading, depending on your budget. Luckily, there are many specials out there; especially during this time of year when moving is a common occurrence. If you are switching federal jobs and need to move, why not do it with the help of the professionals, allowing you to focus on the more important things, like finding a place to live? Here are some of the current deals for moving companies right now:
- Elite Moving and Storage provides a variety of services for people moving nationwide. They specialize in state-to-state moving, which is perfect for those starting a new federal job. Right now, they are offering many specials that range from free moving boxes with a long distance move to a free month of storage with a long distance move.
- Xpress Movers is offering $100 off any interstate move that totals $1500 or more and is available between the 3rd and the 26th of any month (these are the less expensive days to move of each month).
- In & Out Moving and Storage is also offering $100 off any long distance move worth at least $1300 or 10 free moving boxes with a $1300 move.
When you are moving from one state to another or even just across town, finding reputable and affordable moving services are important. Don’t just settle for the quoted price of one company or service, shop around to find the best deal possible. Remember that if you alter your moving days or play around with the services you need you can drastically reduce your costs. Of course, taking advantage of advertised specials and coupons is one of the best ways to elicit additional savings, enabling you to make moving for your federal job change much less stressful, allowing you to focus on the need to find appropriate housing in an area that is suitable for you and your family.