Federal Benefits Open Season is coming up this fall, running from Monday, November 9 to Monday, December 14.
During open season, federal employees can make changes to their benefits under the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS), Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), and the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program.
The Office of Personnel Management has released some documents (included below) with important details about the upcoming open season as well as changes you can expect to see with regards to some of your benefits this year.
Among some of the changes announced is the new Self Plus One option available under FEHB. As a result of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013, Self Plus One enrollment will be available beginning in January 2016. The first opportunity to enroll in Self Plus One will be during the annual Federal Benefits Open Season.
More details about the upcoming Open Season and actions federal employees will need to take with regards to their benefits are available in the following documents recently released by OPM.
2015 Federal Benefits Open Season Guidance
- Announcement Regarding 2015 Federal Benefits Open Season
- 2015 Open Season Checklist – a list of items to help enrollees get ready for Open Season
- 2015 Open Season Resources – a list of resources to help enrollees find specific benefits information
- Frequently Questioned Services – a list of services that OPM often receives inquiries on as to how, or if, the items are covered under our benefit Programs
- Circle ‘Round Your Benefits – a diagram to help enrollees understand how the three programs that participate in Open Season (FSAFEDS, FEDVIP, and FEHB) work together