A report from the Competitive Enterprise Institute says that a lack of transparency in the use of official time gives an unfair advantage to federal employee unions that make use of the practice and therefore it should be eliminated within agencies.
- OPM's Official Time Report: Some Wonderfully Amazing Numbers
- Legislation Cutting Some Federal Employees' Pensions Advances in House
- Federal Employee Unions and the Official Time Reform Act
- Legislation Introduced Requiring OPM to Submit Annual Report on Union Use of Official Time
- House Committee Hearing Scrutinizes Use of Official Time at VA