Updated: October 28, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, such as Ezoic or AdSense.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Intended Website Use
FedSmith.com is an informational Website intended for adults (age 18 and over). This site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18, if you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this site or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the site, use any of the interactive or public comments features of this site or provide any information about yourself to us. If you believe a child under 18 has provided, or we have collected, their personal data, please contact us.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
Information We Collect From Users
We collect information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
How We Collect User Information
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our news services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We reserve the right to remove any comment or User Contribution at any time and with or without reason, in our sole discretion.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See ‘Do Not Track’ below.
‘Do Not Track’ signals
You can set your Do Not Track preferences, within your browser, to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. Our Website does not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). You can either enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting your browser’s preferences or settings page (depending on the browser).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Additionally, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We want to communicate with you via email correspondence only if you want to hear from us. You may choose to opt-in to allow us to market our (or are partners and affiliates) products and services when you provide your contact information to join our newsletter, or otherwise request information from us. If for any reason you no longer want to receive email messages from this site, you can opt-out at any time by following the opt-out instructions below or by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the email communication.
Opt-Out Instructions – Your Choice to Limit Marketing
You may elect to stop receiving marketing information at any by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of promotional emails or by emailing us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fedsmith Inc., Website Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Fedsmith Inc’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Fedsmith, Inc. about our Website Users are among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Sale of Your Information
We do not sell your personal information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request by emailing us.
How We Protect Your Information
We take care to safeguard the information our users entrust us with and to that end we have implemented the following measures to better protect personal information:
- we use SSL or other secure connection technologies when receiving or sending personal information beyond internal networks;
- maintain up-to-date software and safeguards;
- regular due diligence of vendors;
- we destroy personal information that we no longer need;
- documented security policies and procedures;
- limit personal information that we collect to strictly necessary only;
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Access to & Rectification of Personal Information
You may also send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.