Purpose of this Site
FedSmith.com is free website for sources of information impacting the federal community and those interested in the federal government’s activities. The site provides articles from numerous writers with expertise in the federal sector and news headlines updated throughout the day on a variety of topics impacting the federal workforce. We use our extensive experience in working with the federal sector to provide news items of interest each day.
FedSmith.com is an interactive site where users are routinely surveyed on current issues, can comment on various articles, and can interact with experts.
Free Email Lists
FedSmith.com offers several free email lists to our users which are open to the public and free of charge.
- The FedSmith.com daily update is sent each business day and features some of the latest headlines we have posted to the FedSmith.com site in the last day.
- Our daily TSP rates email list gives subscribers the day’s closing share prices for each of the TSP funds along with some other key data about the funds’ share prices.
- The FedSmith.com instant updates and FedSmith.tv lists notify you immediately via email when we post new content to each respective website.
Use the form on the right hand side of any page on the site to subscribe.
You can subscribe and unsubscribe to any of our lists at any time without any cost or obligation. You do not have to subscribe to our email lists in order to use the free resources of FedSmith.com or any of our other websites.
Easy-to-Use Site Search
You can quickly and easily search the FedSmith.com website to find articles by topic/keyword. It is conveniently located near the top of every page on our web site.
All of the services and information we provide to our readers on FedSmith.com are free to the end user. We fund our services through paid advertising. FedSmith.com runs paid ads submitted through Google AdWords™.
Other Sites in the FedSmith Network
The FedsDataCenter.com website is provided by FedSmith.com to allow users to quickly and easily search individual federal and postal employee salaries by name, agency, job title and location. Our General Schedule pay calculator is located here as well. Visit FedsDataCenter.com to access and search all of the available resources.
The TSPDataCenter.com website is provided by FedSmith.com to give users access to detailed data about each of the funds within the Thrift Savings Plan. Users will find tables and charts with daily, monthly and annual historical data of the returns of each of the funds. Users can also register on the site for a free account to access the TSP Portfolio Tracker™, a sophisticated program that lets you input buy and sell transactions for your holdings in the TSP and track the returns of your investment portfolios in real time. Please note that the TSPDataCenter.com website and the TSP Portfolio Tracker™ are not affiliated with the Thrift Savings Plan website at tsp.gov in any way. Visit TSPDataCenter.com to learn more.
- Ian Smith is responsible for the design and programming required to keep the site running smoothly.
- Ralph Smith has extensive professional federal experience that he applies by writing and editing content for FedSmith.com.
- Susan McGuire Smith had a 25-year career with the government in contracts, ethics, and personnel law.