Federal employees are able to receive discounts from some big-name retailers, car rental companies, airlines, wireless carriers, and others for their service as government employees.
Check out the list below for some of the best federal employee discounts in 2023.
- Apple – Federal employees can purchase select Apple products and third-party solutions for themselves and their immediate family members at a special price
- BullyStick.com – Active duty military members and veterans get 15% off on online purchases
- Dell – Discount is available to members of the military or employees at a military agency with a .mil email address
- Gift Baskets Overseas – Federal employees, retirees, and military members can save 10% on any order
- Govx.com – An e-commerce site offering discounts to federal employees, military, law enforcement, and firefighters.
- ID.me – Unlock numerous discounts at major retailers by creating an ID.me account
- Microsoft – Government employees may be eligible for a discount through the Microsoft Home Use Program
- PODS – Federal employees are eligible to save 5% off the cost of the first month of storage or long-distance moves using a PODS storage container
- Samsung – Save up to 30% on computers, tablets, mobile phones, appliances, and more with government discounts when shopping Samsung.com
- Washington Post – Members of the U.S. military and government with a valid .mil or .gov email address can get a free digital subscription
Cellular and Wireless
- AT&T – Eligible federal employees can save $10/month per line on the Unlimited Elite plan
- Verizon – Monthly discounts are available for government employees and military
- T-Mobile – Employees of eligible government agencies can get exclusive offers because of where they work
- GEICO – Active or retired federal employees, GS-7 and above, could be eligible for a discount on their automobile insurance
- Avis – Government employees and military members can enroll in Avis Preferred to skip the line and opt-in to earn Avis Preferred Points.
- Alamo – Discounted rates for federal employees and military personnel, including discounts for veterans
- Hertz – Federal employees can get discounted rates and special upgrades on car rentals for leisure travel
- National – Federal employees can get discounted rates and frequent traveler benefits
- Sixt – Up to 5% discount for government employees
- Thrifty – Free one car-class upgrade for official and government travel and no fee to join Blue Chips Rewards Program
- American – Government fares are offered in some markets; you must call American to inquire about eligibility
- Delta – Travel on official business is eligible for a discount; you must call Delta to receive the discount
- JetBlue – Government fares are offered on official travel when paying with a government-issued credit card or government travel request
- United – Federal government employees on official business can get special fares with government-issued Visa and MasterCard accounts as payment
- Amtrak – Federal employees can get discounted fares for business travel within the Northeast Corridor as well as discounts for business travel on Coach fares nationwide
- Choice Hotels – Government rates are available at thousands of participating locations
- Hilton – Government rates are offered at participating hotels
- Hyatt – Special government rates are available at US hotels
- IHG – Government rates are available for business and leisure
- Marriott – Government rates may be available when booking
- Wyndham – Government rates are available at US hotels
- Shades of Green – Resort options for current/retired military and DoD employees
The Office of Personnel Management has partnered with various colleges to provide higher education discounts to federal employees at reduced tuition rates. A current list of the colleges and discount opportunities is maintained on OPM’s website.
Submit a Discount
Do you know of a discount that is missing? Fill out the form below to suggest a new discount for federal employees/retirees to include on this page. Please note that discounts submitted must have a corresponding webpage with information about the discount in order to be verified and included in our listing.