Government jobs come with many perks and perhaps one of the best perks is the amount of discounts that Government employees are entitled to. These discounts are offered by various companies and are meant to be sort of a thank you to all those who work for the Government. This includes military and non-military Government jobs and the savings that can be enjoyed can wind up being quite substantial.
There are many discounts that Government employees are entitled to. Some discounts are a specific percentage off and others are special offers that are far cheaper than the offers an average person would receive. Here is a small sampling of some of the welcomed discounts that are available to Government employees:
- Geico: Geico offers discounts on auto insurance for active or retired Government employees that are GS-7 and above. The offered discounts are available in most states and the District of Columbia. Learn more about this program by visiting http://www.geico.com/information/discounts/federal-employee-discounts/.
- GovArm.com: No matter what a Federal employee is looking for travel wise, they can likely find a discount on it at GovArm.com. This site specializes in finding special discounts for all military personnel and Federal employees in areas such as car rentals, condo rentals, vacation packages, hotel reservations, and more. Learn more about their services at http://www.govarm.com/.
- FedRooms.com: FedRooms.com offers special discounted hotel rooms for Government employees. While the main page of the website focuses primarily on official Government travel, there are sections of the website that also offer ways to save when you are traveling for leisure. Learn more at https://www.fedrooms.com/.
- Apple: If your Government job requires you to use an iPad, iPhone, or any other Apple product, you are entitled to a discount. Apple offers a special discount for all Government employees on even their most popular products and more information can be found at http://www.apple.com/r/store/government/.
- Dell: Dell is another large tech company that offers special discounts to Government employees. Dell Honors employees and retirees of the Federal Government and their families with up to 30% computer discounts and best price guarantee for members. Go to www.dell.com/epp/federal to receive your discount. To receive free 2nd business day shipping on personal purchases and get a 5% gift card back on everything you purchase in addition to your discount sign up for Dell Advantage at www.dell.com/
advantage4militaryand use Member ID CS25031666.
- Carbonite: This online backup service protects your computer files by saving copies of them on a remote server. If you ever lose a file due to theft, accidental deletion, or anything else, just login and download the backed up versions. Learn more and receive a 10% Carbonite offer code at http://www.remoteonlinebackup.net/coupon/carbonite-offer-code/.
- Verizon: Verizon offers some Government employees a huge savings for all their cell phones, cell phone calling plans, and cell phone accessories. You can see if you are eligible to take advantage of Verizon’s savings at https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/employee/emaildomainauthentication.jsp.
- Microsoft: Government employees can get discounts on some of the top Software that is offered by Microsoft thanks to their Home Use Program. Learn more about this special discount program at http://www.microsoft.com/industry/government/licensing/homeuseoptions.aspx.
- American Auto Assurance: American Auto Assurance offers discounts on fully insured vehicle protection plans if you are a Government employee or current or retired military. Their service allows you to have a vehicle that is protected from break down even if the vehicle in question is soon to be out of warranty. Learn more the discount and get a free quote at http://aaagovdiscount.com/.
- Absolute Security of America: Absolute Security of America is an authorized dealer of ADT and gives special packages to all Government employees seeking home security. These offers are not available to the general public and more can be learned at http://www.absolutesecurityofamerica.com/govexec/.
- Avis: If you are a Government employee or active military and looking to rent a car, then Avis has specials for you. Not only do they offer special discounted rates, but they also offer other specials like free upgrades and the like. Learn more about their specials for Government employees and military personnel at https://www.avis.com/car-rental/profile/go.ac?A555084.
- Budget: Another rental car company that Government employees can take advantage of is Budget. Budget offers free upgrades, discounts like $25.00 off a week long rental, and even two free days of GPS use. Learn more about all the savings Budget has to offer at http://www.budgetcarrental.com/budget/fastbreak/index.html?V053905.
- Alamo: Alamo car rental service also gets in on the action and offers a wide variety of discounts and special services for all Government employees and military personnel seeking to rent a car. This includes unlimited miles, special leisure rates, free upgrades, and more. Learn more about these Alamo perks at https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=AL_GOVRNR_Splash.
- Pods: Pods revolutionized self storage several years ago by making it portable. They bring a mobile container to your house and let you pack it at your convenience. Then they pick it up and store it for you or deliver it to your new home. Use a Pods promotional code and save 5% off local or one-way moves.
These are but a very small example of the many companies that offer discounts to Government employees. It should be noted that many companies will not openly advertise that they do have such specials so it always pays to ask if they do. While the savings may not be significant, any savings is good savings and if you are entitled to it as a Government employee, then you should get it.
© 2015 KSADoctor.com. All rights reserved. This article may not be reproduced without express written consent from KSADoctor.com.
Tags: Human Resources