What Forms Do I Need to Designate My TSP to My Children?

View this article online at https://www.fedsmith.com/2014/06/04/what-forms-do-i-need-to-designate-my-tsp-to-my-children/ and visit FedSmith.com to sign up for free news updates
By on June 4, 2014 in Q&A with 0 Comments

Q: What forms do I need to get to the TSP to set it up so that all that is in there will go to my children? I am making a one time withdrawal today and am wanting to just set the rest up to go to my children and not worry about the mandatory withdrawal at 71.

A: TSP-3, Designation of Beneficiary.  Available in the forms and publications section of the TSP website.

Agencies can request to have John Grobe, or another of Federal Career Experts' qualified instructors, deliver a retirement or transition seminar to their employees. FCE instructors are not financial advisers and will not sell or recommend financial products to class participants. Agency Benefits Officers can contact John Grobe at [email protected] to discuss schedules and costs.

© 2019 John Grobe. All rights reserved. This article may not be reproduced without express written consent from John Grobe.


About the Author

John Grobe is President of Federal Career Experts, a consulting firm that specializes in federal retirement and career transition issues. He is also affiliated with TSP Safety Net. John retired from federal service after 25 years of progressively more responsible human resources positions. He is the author of Understanding the Federal Retirement Systems and Career Transition: A Guide for Federal Employees, both published by the Federal Management Institute. Federal Career Experts provides pre-retirement seminars for a wide variety of federal agencies.