The Office of Personnel Management has announced that a new administrator will take over for FSAFEDS in September.
On September 1, 2016, the FSAFEDS program will transition administration from ADP to WageWorks. The current phone number, fax number, and website will continue to be used once WageWorks assumes administration of FSAFEDS. There will, however, be a blackout period, as part of the transition of contractors, when certain services are not accessible or available. Below are the blackout dates and services.
- The claims submission blackout period begins on Saturday, July 30, 2016 and ends Thursday, September 1, 2016. This means that no claims can be submitted during this period.
- Participants must submit any eligible claims electronically by4:00 p.m., Eastern Time on Friday, July 29, 2016. If submitted by mail, then claims must be postmarked by Wednesday, July 20, 2016, to be processed prior to the start of the blackout period.
- All approved claims submitted by these deadlines will be paid byMonday, August 8, 2016.
- Any eligible claims that are not submitted prior to these deadlines – and claims for any expenses you incur during the blackout period – can be submitted beginning Thursday, September 1, 2016.
- Paperless reimbursement claims will be suspended on July 29 as well, and processing of these claims will resume on Thursday, September 8, 2016.
Website & Phone Line
- The Website and phone line will transition between Friday, August 26, 2016 and Thursday, September 1, 2016.
- The Website, for general research, will not be available betweenFriday, August 26, 2016 and Thursday, September 1, 2016.
- During the phone line transition from 8/26 at 5pm ET to 9/1 at 9am ET, employees will not be able to reach a representative and will receive a prerecorded message.
- Participants also cannot access their online accounts during the transition period of 5pm ET on Friday, August 26, 2016 to 9am ET on Thursday, September 1, 2016
- The same fax number will be used by WageWorks, however, the fax number should not be used during the transition period of Saturday, July 30, 2016 to Thursday, September 1, 2016.
- The last day to enroll in FSAFEDS, before the transition of contractors, is Wednesday, August 3, 2016. Enrollment will resume on Thursday, September 1, 2016.
These are some details about the transition:
- Plan-year dates, election amount, and available balance will remain the same.
- Participants will receive additional information and/or reminders over the next few months from FSAFEDS. FSAFEDS will also communicate if any of the above dates will change.
Questions or concerns about the transition can be sent to OPM at [email protected].