Every year at this time, we like to take a moment to reflect on the events of the past year. For FedSmith.com, that means looking back at the articles we have posted over the course of the last year.
We are fortunate and thankful to have a talented group of authors writing for us who offer our users the benefit of their expertise and experience on issues of importance to the federal community. Because of them, it makes it possible for us to provide our readers with the wide variety of articles that you read on our site each day.
These were some of our favorite articles from 2016. And as it turns out, you liked them too given their popularity.
- 2017 Federal Pay Raise and COLA Update
- The IRS and the Olympics
- Turning Your TSP Into an Income Stream
- Despite Legal Threats, Membership In Federal Unions Shows Growth
- The Ticking Time Bomb in the Federal Workforce
- Why Do Feds Join Unions and Pay Dues?
- Legislation Introduced to Apply the Chained CPI to Social Security COLA
- Maximum Earnings Limitations on Federal Pay
- Fixing Federal Labor Relations: Official Time May Not be the Biggest Problem
- Debt Ceiling Looms… Again
- Simultaneous Membership in Medicare and FEHB
- Accelerate the Tax Efficiency of Roth TSP Distributions
- Upping Your Government Career Game with Higher Ed
- I Keep Trying (and Failing) to Time the Market with My TSP; What Am I Doing Wrong?
- The Biggest Federal Employee Retirement Mistake
Our thanks to all of you who visit the FedSmith.com network of sites each day to stay informed. We wish you all the best in 2017!