What were the most popular posts on the FedSmith Blogs site in 2014? Here are the topics you read more than any others:
- 4-Day Holiday Weekend for Federal Employees at Christmas
December 5, 2014
President Obama has issued an executive order giving federal employees an extra holiday this year on Friday, December 26.
- 1.7% COLA for Retirees… What About Current Federal Employees?
October 22, 2014
This is the time of year for learning more about expenses and income for 2015. What pay raise can federal employees expect to receive with the COLA increase and how does this compare to the increase in FEHB premiums?
- Open Season Coming: Here is Why Feds Should Pay Attention to Their Health Insurance
August 22, 2014
Open season is coming up. Here is why this could be important to federal employees.
- 2015 Federal Holidays
October 28, 2014
What paid holidays will federal employees get in 2015? Here is a list.
- Here’s How You’ll Get Paid for the Extra Christmas Holiday
December 7, 2014
The Office of Personnel Management has issued guidance for agency heads about how to go about giving federal workers the extra paid holiday at Christmas that was recently granted via executive order by President Obama.
- TSP Contribution Limits to Rise in 2015
October 23, 2014
The Thrift Savings Plan has published guidelines for plan participants regarding 2015 contribution limits.
- OPM Finally Issuing Phased Retirement Regulations
August 7, 2014
After more than a year, the Office of Personnel Management is finally issuing the final rules on the phased retirement program for federal employees.
- Self Plus One Health Insurance
September 4, 2014
When is it possible to enroll for the self plus one plan in the federal employee health benefits plan?
- Changes for Social Security in 2015
October 23, 2014
These are some of the changes you can expect to see with Social Security next year.
- TSP Annuity After Retirement
November 12, 2014
If I elect to take the TSP annuity after retirement and I die before using all of my contributions will it go to my adult daughter, my elected beneficiary?
- OPM Issues Proposed Rules on ‘Self Plus One’ Option
December 2, 2014
OPM is issuing a proposed rule to amend the Federal Employees Health Benefits program to add an optional enrollment type called “self plus one.”
- Phased Retirement: Answers to Some Common Questions
August 10, 2014
The Office of Personnel Management announced the long awaited final regulations for the phased retirement program for federal employees late last week. As part of that announcement, OPM has also released a document with answers to some common questions employees are likely to have about this program.
- Report Recommends Federal Workforce Cuts for Deficit Reduction
November 25, 2014
The Congressional Budget Office has issued a new report outlining ways to reduce the growing federal deficit. Some of the cost saving suggestions in the report would have a direct impact on federal employees and their benefits if they were to be enacted.
- Changes to Your Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS)
August 28, 2014
There are two important changes to the flexible spending account program for federal employees for 2015. Here are the changes.
- Was the FERS Special Supplement Terminated?
June 26, 2014
I thought the FERS special retirement supplement was terminated in the FY14 Budget – has it been reinstated?
- Spending Bill Includes 1% Pay Raise for Federal Employees
December 10, 2014
The spending bill that Congress has agreed to includes a 1% pay raise for federal employees.
- How Much Will My Pension Be Cut When I Apply for Social Security?
August 5, 2014
I’m a retired CSRS federal employee who took an early out option in 1999. Do you know how much my pension will be cut when I must apply for Social Security?