Current FedSmith.com authors are listed below. Click on an author’s name to view his/her articles and biographical information. To learn more about how you can submit articles to FedSmith.com, visit our prospective authors page.
- Ian Smith Ian Smith is one of the founders of FedSmith.com. He writes about current topics that impact federal employees.
- Ralph Smith Ralph Smith is one of the founders of FedSmith.com. He writes in a blunt, entertaining style with a viewpoint that reflects an in-depth knowledge of federal HR issues.
- Bob Gilson Bob Gilson is a consultant with a specialty in working with and training Federal agencies to resolve employee problems at all levels. A retired agency labor and employee relations director, Bob has authored or co-authored a number of books dealing with Federal issues and also conducts training seminars.
- Robbie Hyman Robbie Hyman has been a freelance writer for 15 years. He writes newsletters, press releases, white papers, web copy, presentations, speeches, op-eds, training materials and technical documentation. Robbie is available to write for federal agencies.
- Susan McGuire Smith Susan McGuire Smith spent most of her federal legal career with NASA, serving as Chief Counsel at Marshall Space Flight Center for 14 years. Her expertise is in government contracts, ethics, and personnel law.
- Robert F. Benson Before his retirement in 2010, Robert Benson served 35 years in various Federal agencies, as both a management analyst and IT specialist. He is a graduate of Northwestern University and developed the software at fedbens.us.
- Meiko S. Patton Meiko S. Patton is a writer/editor for the United States Postal Service. She has a personal blog at CareerSavvyFed.com and is the principal writer at eCareerHelper.com.
- John Grobe John Grobe is a retired federal employee with over 25 years of experience in federal human resources and President of Federal Career Experts, a training and consulting firm that specializes in federal employee retirement and career transition issues.
- Jason Visner Jason Visner is a federal benefit advisor, and works with federal employees to optimize their federal retirement benefits. He can provide recommendations on FERS or CSRS annuities, survivor benefits, military/LEO service, FEHB, FEGLI, TSP, IRAs, annuities, and social security.
- Mathew B. Tully, Esq. Mathew B. Tully is Founding Partner of Tully Rinckey PLLC and a medically retired employee of the U.S. DOJ. He concentrates his legal efforts in federal employment and national security law.
- Timothy J. Clark Timothy J. Clark is a federal employee with over 27 years of service in the federal civil service and is a retired officer in the U.S. Army Reserve. He served over four years on active duty since September 11, 2001. His book, Success through Quality, Support Guide for the Journey to Continuous Improvement was published by the America Society for Quality in 1999.
- Jason Kay Jason Kay is a professional resume writer and regular contributor to KSADoctor.com, a professional federal resume service and repository of sample KSA statements.
- Marilyn Jones Marilyn Jones has been a journalist for more than 30 years and is currently a freelance feature writer specializing in travel. Her articles have appeared in major newspapers including the Boston Globe, Akron Beacon Journal and Chicago Sun-Times as well as regional travel magazines.
- Robbie Kunreuther Robbie Kunreuther is the Director of Government Personnel Services (GPS). GPS provides 1 to 3-day seminars to Federal agencies in four subject areas: Dealing with performance and conduct issues; Developing sensible performance appraisal criteria; Fostering cooperative labor-management relations; and Applying mediation skills in the workplace. Over the years, Robbie has trained thousands of Federal supervisors, managers, HR specialists, and union officials. For more information about him and GPS, go to www.trainlngfeds.com.
- Allen W. Smith, Ph.D. Dr. Allen W. Smith is Professor of Economics, Emeritus, at Eastern Illinois University. He is the author of seven books, including "The Looting of Social Security," and has been researching and writing about Social Security financing for the past twelve years.
- Ann Vanderslice Ann Vanderslice is a federal retirement planning specialist who has worked with federal employees throughout the Rocky Mountain region since 2002. In addition to her financial services practice, she is a partner in Federal Benefits Training Network, a training and consulting firm that has conducted more than 100 on-site federal benefits seminars nationally.